Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Battlestar Galactica Rocks Me From My Booty To My Fro

I'm sorry to deliver the news so impersonally, Lizett, but I have found a new love and her name is Galactica. I'm mildly obsessed with it, and by mildly I mean I am wearing a Galactica uniform at work right now. I stayed up all night sewing it Gordon Gartrelle style. I don't get SciFi so I never had a chance to watch the show, but now I'm all caught up via Netflix DVDs and I'm pretty convinced it is the greatest thing ever--despite moving from none-too-subtle allusions to questionable military ethics in prior seasons to pretty explicitly setting season 3 in Iraq and making us the bad guys. Who am I kidding, that just makes me love it more. Is it better than Lost? I don't know. All I'm saying is I don't want to take Lost to a secluded beach and make love to it right there on the sand and propose and get married and have a million of its babies. In fact, the only bad thing I can see about BSG is Edward James Olmos's 'stache. Dude, just shave it off.

This post dedicated to the wreckage of Lizett. Too cool to download BSG to lappy, hmmm? Nerdery by association, BONG.

Speaking of Lizett and wreckage, this is the big Meet the Parents weekend in Houston! I am very much looking forward to it, particularly the If You Hurt My Sister I'm Going To Kill You speech from her brother, the If You Touch My Daughter I'm Going To Kill You speech from her dad, and the I'm Just Plain Going To Kill You speech from her mom. I am of course kidding, I'm sure they will love me. Right? RIGHT??

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I guess I'd better hop on the Battlestar train before you leave me forever. Although I guess the fact that you're coming this weekend is a good sign - even if it's only because I've been DVR'ing Battlestar.

4:14 PM, October 18, 2006  

Post a Comment