Thursday, September 15, 2005

Lost!

Mothball buying the first season of Lost on DVD is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.

When I was 16 or 17, I used to work at Red Lobster. One night this hairy behemoth looking mofo was causing a scene because the table was taking too long or some such nonsense--I thought maybe I could calm down the situation, so I walked over and said "Sir, is there something I can help you with?"

"Actually" the behemoth grunted, "it's Ma'am."

Awkward. Fortunately, she broke the tension by savagely beating me with a tray stand.

Getting Lost on DVD is the exact opposite of that situation. It's even better than the time Ball and I were standing outside TC with a queen mattress, scratching our heads wondering how the hell we were going to get it to Oak Hill in our inebriated state, when Sea Bass, who we hadn't seen in like 8 months, just randomly drove up in a pickup truck.

I've watched four episodes a night for the past four nights. I've stopped eating and bathing to make more time for Lost. It's like a ridiculously awesome movie that just keeps going. I was skeptical of Matthew Fox as the lead, but the show has somehow turned that whiney bitch from Party of Five into a rugged man-beast. He still whimpers a little, but usually only when he's hanging one-handed from a cliff or trapped under rocks or something.





I have actually pooped my pants seven times just thinking of the season two premiere next week. Eight.

By the way, if you're in town for the game this weekend, come find us in Library Lot--Ball's hosting a jismatastic tailgate. White Rav4, flag says "Goehler" on it. Listen for the sound of flowing beer.

Post a Comment

Blogger Whitney said...
Thank you for your blog full of feces. It made me laugh while I sit here on hold waiting for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois to show how incompetent they are once again. Man-beast. LOL.

Sympathy to your nads.

2:40 PM, September 15, 2005  

Blogger Goat said...
You forgot to mention the best part about Lost, which is Evangeline Lilly (aka, "Kate Austin"). I'd love to be stranded on an island with her.

4:41 PM, September 15, 2005  

Post a Comment