Monday, September 12, 2005

AAAHAHAHAHA!!

I just bought my 5th iPod--6th if you count the one I got for Kel. I'm sick. I have a sickness. When a new iPod comes out, I can't stop myself. I'll be reading a book or donating organs to foster children or something and everything will go hazy--then suddenly I'm in front of a computer with my credit cards strewn everywhere. I've had really good luck trading up on eBay though. I had the 10GB, then the 15GB, then the 20GB, then the 20GB Clickwheel, and now the nano--each time I've sold my old one for only $20 or $30 less than the upgrade's education price. After shipping and eBay fees it ends up costing more like $50, but considering that's what an iPod battery replacement costs anyway, I think it's definitely the way to go.

About the nano: freaking sweet. I'm not sure about the whole headphone jack on the bottom thing, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. In addition to being small and awesome, I'm pretty pumped about a color screen and high-capacity flash card. I only have about 4 gigs of music anyway, and as much as I skip around my playlist, constantly spinning up the HD on my 4th gen ate a lot of power.

What I don't understand is why Apple released the Nano as a replacement for the Mini, rather than a new line. Why would you get rid of a distinctive and wildly successful product line? Priced at $199 and $249 for a 4GB and 6GB compared to the same pricing for the Nano's 2GB and 4GB, I'm positive there would still be a huge market for the Mini. Plus, some people like the funky colors. HDs are getting smaller and cheaper at a much faster rate than flash memory--the mini has a lot more potential to advance than the nano. The only thing I can figure is that they'll re-release the Mini down the line with a color screen and bigger HD.

To Michigan--I wrote you a haiku:

Ann Arbor, you whore
It must hurt to fall so hard
And land on your nads

And one for the Big Ten:

Many nights I dream
Of video evidence
And awake aroused

And for Kel:

Fat fat fat fat fat
Fat fat fat fat fat fat fat
Fat fat fat fat fat

Post a Comment

Blogger Lizett! said...
Every time I see a commercial for iPod Nano, I think "I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it!" just like a little kid. Then I tell my roommate and everyone in the room how much I want it. EVERY TIME. It never gets old.

10:38 AM, September 13, 2005  

Blogger Mike Overall said...
It does look impressive...wish it was under $100...one day...

3:26 PM, September 20, 2005  

Post a Comment