Friday, August 12, 2005

Smells Like...Productivity

I love Lowes and The Home Depot. For one thing, Home Depot has the greatest theme song ever. Every time I hear it I want to run out and build a gazebo. Also, they have a great smell--sawdust and rubber. Mmmmmmmmm. I spent about two hours between the two stores yesterday even though all I bought was a couple gallons of paint and some outlet covers. Just being in there makes me feel productive, even if all I'm doing is wandering the aisles. I think--damn, I must be one handy and productive son of a bitch! Just look at all these building materials. Would a non-handy, non-productive person be standing next to all these building materials? Then I hum the theme song. A weird thing I've noticed about both stores--there's an unusually high percentage of noticeably attractive women there. We're talking like 20, 30 percent. It's truly bizarre. Has anyone ever done a study on the correlation between female attractiveness and the likelihood of shopping at home improvement stores? If there are any single fellas reading this, forget the bar scene man, head down to The Home Depot. It's positively packed with self-sufficient hotties.

Kel's at orientation for Med school right now. She heads back here Sunday and starts school Monday, so that's pretty exciting. The place is almost ready, although as of yet we have no furniture at all for the basement, other than a dart board. Where does one go to buy a dartboard cabinet? Surely there must have been places that sold them before the internet came along. We're also looking to buy a big-ass TV whenever Best Buy has another crazy sale. Kel really likes the Sony rear projection LCDs, and I'm inclined to agree. Everything I've read says DLPs have the edge on just about everything, excluding the rainbow effect, but from what I've seen myself the Sony LCDs tend to look noticeably better. Oh, and we're still building that bar, although the Guinness on tap--surprise!--doesn't look oh so likely. Here's to crazy plans that never come to fruition.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment