Thursday, September 28, 2006

Church of JISM

CJ's Pub. One week hence. Bring your Jesus pants...the first official meeting of the Church of JISM is nigh. What are we about?
  1. Jesus Is Savior of Man.
  2. Jesus would like you to enjoy an icy cold AmberBock and a greasy delicious superpub.
  3. Jesus recommends you do not fill up on popcorn.
  4. Jesus would like you to rub your belly post-haste.
If my blasphemy alone has not convinced you to join up, I urge you to consider this color photograph taken with love by one Nicholas B. Kimlinger--man, you should've seen him go to town on that burger. It was incredible...and beautiful.


Secondly--did everyone see that good ol' John L. actually sent players out to guard the 50 from marauding ND flag-planters after the game on Saturday? Please pardon my language, but what a douche. Here's some rando that put it more eloquently than I did:
The win and the post game celebration were made all the more sweet by Smith's juvenile attempt to "protect the S" as if it were a battle between the neighborhood toughies on The East Side Kids. Smith actually had three players stand at the 50 yard line for at least 20 minutes after the game ended, thinking Notre Dame players would even care to plant a flag at midfield. It's hard to imagine a leader of college age men directing such an inappropriate and immature act, but such is the character of John L. Smith.
I'd love to credit it, but I have no idea who wrote that. It came to me in a dream, or an email from Mothball, or something. I'm guessing he's old, since I have no idea what the hell The East Side Kids is. Anyway, here's a graphic from some other rando who has way more time than me to make hilarious graphics. Please feel free to let the smugness wash over you. Mmmmmm, unearned smugness.


Lastly, things are in the works for next weekend. Good things. BRC things. I'll keep you posted. Or not. Lizett's in town. Screw off, everyone else!

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Best. Post. Ever.

I laughed. I cried. I yearned for CJ's burgers...mmm.........

10:34 AM, September 28, 2006  

Blogger ndchick1 said...
what time is our first service? or how about a burger and beer study?

thank you, kimlinger, for taking such a glorious photo. thank you, mal, for sharing it with us all!

12:20 PM, September 30, 2006  

Blogger Mal said...
5:00pm: Tiny plastic swords
6:30pm: JISM service
10:00pm: Drinking pants

8:26 AM, October 02, 2006  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Tiny plastic swords? Can that be done somewhere besides Legends because for some reason that place is just a lost cause for me now. Of course, I will still go there and drink if that's where the drinking is to be done...but I'll pretend it's Senior Bar after there cleaning day.....

8:44 AM, October 02, 2006  

Blogger ndchick1 said...
Tiny plastic swords are also available Saturday morning, I believe, at the Oak Hill brunch! GLORIOUS!

Tentative 4:30pm plans include a trip to Corby's.

Sorry folks we're just trying to establish our church's worship services. Bear with us.

Now bring me a beer, for the love of God!

3:44 PM, October 02, 2006  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
There is absolutely no way of you getting to those plastic swords at the Oak Hill brunch as we will have been drinking at the tailgate for 4 hours by the time it starts. Just fyi.

And for all you fools that don't know, Library Lot by the ROTC building will be the place to be...and be drunk, very drunk.

8:55 AM, October 03, 2006  

Blogger ndchick1 said...
woohoo! 6am tailgate! i'm staying up all night. booya. friday night i do have a date with the backer pole and a million trumpet alums. good times. let's see if i can drag my sad hungover a$$ to the tailgate and rally.

predictions on that happening anyone? bueller? bueller?

11:36 AM, October 03, 2006  

Blogger Mal said...
Ha-ha, LB has to go to the Backer.

12:00 PM, October 03, 2006  

Blogger Lizett! said...
You never take me to the Backer!

6:13 PM, October 03, 2006  

Blogger Mal said...
You're welcome.

6:52 PM, October 03, 2006  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I know... eww. Last time I went there the night ended badly. Hint: it involved Vivian Falto screaming obscenities at me.
-LB

7:13 AM, October 04, 2006  

Post a Comment