Tuesday, July 19, 2005

It Was A Good Plan

Kel had to head back to Indy for a few days to get shots for school. Herpes I think. My ingenius plan was to hit the painting hardcore while she was gone so that when she got back on Wednesday the basement would be half done and she'd be happy and do a little dance and try to make me a cake and the kitchen would somehow explode and I wouldn't have to paint it, which would have involved moving the refrigerator. Alas, the beer gods conspired against me--Rob offered to drive to ritas, where we arrived about an hour before the bulk of the group, and we had no choice but to sit at the bar and crush several big dogs. You can't drink and paint. To do so would be to invite madness.

JaniSMC came out to ritas, it was good to see her. I also ran into Katie-O and Merten, along with Sam, Ryan, and Diesel. All the powers of the past and present Notre Dame Band in one location--you could taste the electricity. It tasted like queso, and it was delicious. Ball and I headed back to Jani's place after dinner to meet Romeo, her puppy--he's a yippie little bastard, the type of dog I would normally encourage my dog to eat, but I have to admit he's one seriously cute little dude. He's a wee little three pound ball of fur, and he kept trying to consume my nose, and by God I loved every minute of it. We ended up taking him with us to Jen's, which resulted in by far the most unsanitary game of one-cup ever played. My hands were full keeping Romeo from running off, so the ball kept bouncing in my lap, which of course contained Romeo. We took the usual precautions, but something tells me dipping the ball in the same cup of cloudy water before repeatedly bouncing it into the community beer didn't have the sanitizing effects that we had intended. If I perish, tell my family I died as I lived, with a maltese in my lap and contaminated beer in my gullet.

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...
god that dog is awful. i just want to kick it. -jism

8:55 PM, July 19, 2005  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Remember that time Jani came to visit when I lived above those migrant workers that summer? It was the day after we shot fire crackers into said migrant workers' apartment at 2AM. Yea, that was awesome - but my 'naptime' plan never came to fruition.

Good times, good times.

9:37 PM, July 19, 2005  

Blogger Mal said...
It's funny because their roof could have caught fire

8:35 AM, July 20, 2005  

Post a Comment