Friday, July 01, 2005

3 Day Weekend

Kel just read this book on Irish wedding traditions or some such foolishness which, aside from copious advice on how to repel evil faeries, contained this nugget: at the wedding, you and your husband/wife ring a small wedding bell, and forever after keep it nearby to be jingled after marital spats. The ting-a-ling is supposed to remind you of your deep love and solemn vows, resulting in forgiveness and make-up sex. I like the concept but I think a bell is kind of pansy. I'm going to use a stun gun. Then when she tells me she sold all of my power tools to redecorate the guest bathroom, it's BZZZZZZ--surprise biatch, you're paralyzed!

Speaking of the Irish--anyone else see that the Department of Enterprise, Trade, and Development in Belfast has banned the word "brainstorming," deeming it to be offensive to people with brain disorders? It's been replaced with the phrase "thought showers." Freaking. Sweet.

3 day weekend coming up! I was considering heading to Columbus, but I think I'm just going to stay here. I have a lot of Scrubs to watch, and it's been a while since I've had a whole weekend to just lounge around. I should also get started on spackling the new place so it's good to go when Kel is ready to paint, but I'm actually looking forward to that. I really like to spackle, paint, saw things, glue things, nail things, drill holes in things, etc. It's fun and when you're finished you feel like you've done something useful with your time. Maybe I should be a carpenter. It worked for the Big Man, Bob Vila. HOOOO! If the weather stays decent I might finally hit the 9-hole as well, thus realizing my life dream of publicly humiliating myself on a golf course.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment