Friday, June 24, 2005

Sad Day

An old friend of my family died yesterday. I wasn't close with him but I was very close with his sister. We were briefly in high school together...he spent a lot of time being nice to me when he was a senior and I was a nerdy freshman. He was a good guy.

In happier news, I'm heading down to NC this evening to go see my new niece Natalie for the first time. My brothers and I will probably also spend several hours poisoning our minds and souls with violent video games. Unfortunately my flight is out of O'Hare, which I am told is a 3 hour drive during rush hour. Who knew? I probably would've scrounged the extra $150 to leave straight from the Bend. Alas.

I got destroyed in poker last night. First man out of a 12 man tourney, oose! I tried to go in uber-aggressive and got my ass handed to me. Hoover bluffed me out of about half my buy-in on the second or third hand--the river put 4 hearts on the table and he raised another dollar-something against my two pair, had to back out. He had a couple of diamonds. You fat bastard. A few hands later I tried to make it back going all in on pocket queens...got beat by trip-6's. Apparently I suck at poker. Or am I just hustling you right now?

Who cares.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment