Thursday, February 23, 2006

Michael Huff Is My Hero

Big house? Fast cars? No thank you my good man, I believe I'll take an IHOP. Mr. Huff, you've just earned yourself a fan for life.

My uncle from Florida was randomly in town Monday, so he and his work cronies took me and Kel out to Tippecanoe--I know it's supposed to be the greatest place ever, but I regret to say I've been there twice now and both experiences have been sub-jismatastic. I did have some delicious wine there though--for years I've been under the apparently incorrect impression that I don't like wine, but it's now becoming clear that what I really don't like is crappy wine, which up until maybe six months ago is all I'd tasted. So I'm turning over a new leaf! I'm going to become a wine connoisseur the likes of which you have never seen, and when I'm sufficiently educated I will start wearing suits all the time and talking with one of those fake british accents college professors sometimes employ when they want everyone to know they've studied in Europe, and I will look down on the rest of you as if you were maggot-ridden trash floating by in the sewer. HAHAHAHAHA!

Gwen turns 1 a month from yesterday! Oh man, it seems like 10 minutes ago she was so little I was scared to hold her, and now she's crawling around and raising hell in the style of her mother. Apparently she is deeply in love with our dog Oscar, a love affair which my sister tried to discourage because Oscar has claws and outweighs her by at least 110 pounds and licks his own butt--but you can't stop true love, Jenny, a lesson I once learned to my sorrow when I found myself standing between Oscar and a small pile of Thanksgiving leftovers. Anyway, Gwen's not walking just yet, but I guess she's pulling herself up, and no doubt will soon be running around searching for ways to injure herself in classic baby style! Jenny and Todd, I hope you enjoyed sitting--that time in your life is now over.

Post a Comment

Blogger ndchick1 said...
B too just "discovered" that he likes wine. anything above the stuff that comes in boxes or the 2-buck chuck from trader joes is generally drinkable with a tendency to get better as price increases. funny how that works out.

4:50 PM, February 23, 2006  

Post a Comment