Monday, February 20, 2006

The Crawl That Wasn't

Pub Crawl? More like Pub Stall! HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It took me 45 minutes to write that joke, I hope you enjoyed it. So it wasn't much of a crawl, thanks in part to the frostbite-inducing frigidity, and in larger part to a healthy dose of laziness combined with a complete lack of advance planning. Limo? Nope. Itinerary? Ha! We decided to walk to Legends to save anyone from having to leave their car there overnight, and it pretty much broke my spirit. And my body. I'm 99% sure that I am now sterile, having literally frozen my nads off. It was the kind of cold that pisses you off, makes you wish Mother Nature was a real person so you could beat her with a sack of doorknobs. GOD it was cold. And I still didn't button my jacket, ha!

So we really only hit 3 bars, Legends, Oyster, and Oscar's. There was talk of finishing up at the Backer, but I put a quick stop to that by punching anyone who mentioned the idea in the throat--so instead of finishing out the night screaming the lyrics to "Living on a Prayer" at the top of our lungs, we went back and played a round of Euchre before bed, talking in low voices to avoid disturbing the other people who had already retired for the night, which I think pretty much sums up my current level of glorious, mind-bending awesomeness. BOW BEFORE ME!

Good to see everyone, as usual. Hit the bars, played some Bond, lost $15 playing poker, and caught up on the latest hijinx. I think this may bring to a close my month of ca-raaaaazyness however, as I think my body and wallet are starting to rebel against all this rabble-rousing and shiznittery. Next weekend I anticipate frozen pizza, pajama pants, and at least 8 movies, 6 of which will feature frequent explosions.

Post a Comment

Blogger Goat said...
Oh man, that's one sweet pirate at the top of your blog. I can only hope that pirates will appear as characters next to comments as well.

Pirates rule, ninjas drool!

7:59 PM, February 21, 2006  

Post a Comment