Friday, October 21, 2005

Mormons! The Mormons Are Coming!

Campus is totally nuts. There are roving hordes of mormons everywhere, swilling sprite and terrorizing the populace. It's not safe out there. I asked a BYU fan how he was doing and he ate my face!

Campus is pretty dead. At least it seems that way after last weekend. Last weekend = beautiful, sunny warm weather, biggest game of the year, fans in from all over the country wandering the campus. This weekend = cold rainy weather and empty quads. I'm sure things will heat up tomorrow. It's Irish football, baby.

I knew a mormon guy in high school named John Brodegard (Johnny B). He was a really nice guy, polite to the point of absurdity--but kind of a geek, so he got mocked for it. High schoolers are jerks. One day, as such kids are wont to do, the poor bastard managed to humiliate himself in front of half the school by falling down the main steps at class change. It wouldn't have been funny at all, I would have even felt sorry for him (well, I did feel sorry for him...it was just mixed with amusement), but the steps weren't a straight flight. They went halfway down, plateaued at maybe an 8x8' square, and then continued the rest of the way at a right angle to the original path. Johnny B fell starting at the top, hit the halfway mark, then somehow turned the corner to continue his tumble down the rest of the steps. It was just...amazing.

Another guy I knew, Nick Glaze, played a wacky prank where he sprayed the floor outside the band room with liquid silicon. What the hell kind of prank is that?? Ha ha, I broke your tailbone! Suck on that, jerk-wad! We laughed anyway--I believe I mentioned that high schoolers are jerks.

When I was working at the YMCA I was buddies with this guy named Josh Brackney (The Brack Attack) who used to introduce himself to everyone as Hezekiah Yoder. Yeah, I've moved on to the Amish now. It was the most wonderfully bizarre and random thing ever. Hey, nice to meet you, my name is Hezekiah Yoder. Really? Yeah, really. People would find out his real name from someone else later. Why did he do it? No one knows. To this day I wake up in cold sweats...wondering.

Working at the Y was great. Just a bunch of college age kids with almost no supervision. We used to sit back behind the front desk eating greasy pizza while the poor fools who actually came to work out looked upon us with desperate, ravenous longing. "So good" we'd say, "so good. Thank God we're so young, fit, and thin!" We knew all the members pretty well so it was all in good fun. Until the killings started.

My prediction--

ND: Delicious Pie
BYU: Scabies

Post a Comment

Post a Comment