Monday, July 25, 2005

My Doctor Said Mylanta

Everyone ready for another thrilling painting update? Because it's all here, every tape application, every brushstroke. Read it, love it! We got a whole lot done this weekend, finishing up the door frames, windows, and bedroom trim. We would have finished the rest of the upstairs but Kel was out of commission for a while after consuming an entire quart of semi-gloss enamel. Other than that the weekend went by without any notable adventures besides repeatedly dripping paint on the carpet, yelling "Emergency, emergency!" and making ambulance noises until one or the other of us cleaned it up with a wet rag. Is there a word for the level of comfort a couple eventually reaches in which they lose all will to act like normal humans around each other? Because I'm there, baby!

Here's a fun news item: Physicist Lowell Wood has proposed a plan to reduce global warming by launching a 600,000 square mile mirror into space to deflect sunlight. 600,000 square miles. Into space. Also it is to be constructed of a mesh of tiny threads, each only 1 millionth of an inch in diameter. Dude has been researching this idea for ten years. I would love to meet this guy! I bet he wears a white lab coat and has wild, unkempt hair and crazy wandering eyes. I bet if I probed him enough about the mirror I could get him to do one of those mad scientist laughs. I love you crazy mirror scientist man.

Post a Comment

Blogger Taylor said...
Hilariously, I was thinking about the possibility of such a mirror-based while I wasted hours on the phone trying to pay to be finger-printed to be a teacher just this morning.

Who then now, BITCH?!?

11:56 PM, July 25, 2005  

Post a Comment