Friday, March 16, 2007

Jacked

Lizett finally posting has inspired me to post as well, but I'm not feeling creative so I'm just going to weigh in on her topics:

Stephen and I made the drive down from Indiana to Tejas. Illinois was harrowing. Arkansas is boring and awful. Living together is pretty neat, and I like it a lot, except we're going out to eat like every day. Which is not good if I plan on, you know, fitting into all the clothes I currently own.

Hmmmm, I guess I already covered the drive. Living together is pretty fantastic. I've never lived with a chick before unless you count Jism's honorary 5th roommate status, and I must say, it's a lot more gassy than I expected. Haha, I'm kidding! I would never write that if it were true, right? Riiiiiiiight? That does segue well into going out to eat every single day though, which has indeed been pretty ridiculous. It's not even like we just go out once, we have to go out for lunch and dinner. Sometimes two dinners, and sadly I am not kidding about that. We found a meal between dinner and the midnight snack.

As you may have read in Stephen's blog, I was insanely busy with Assault and Flattery, the law school musical/play. As always, it was a fun time and many inside jokes were made. If you'd like to hear a tale about a man named Tom Foetus, trust me, I've got plenty of material.

Hmmmm, I guess I already covered this one too.

Spring Break, wooooo! Actually, spring break has been fairly low-key with me running all over Houston looking at wedding stuff. It is most exciting to actually start the wedding preparations and all that. I even semi started a website.

Ha! You do not know the meaning of low-key. For one thing, being among the gainfully employed I sadly do not get a spring break. For another thing, with Lizett out of town and thus far knowing virtually no one else in the city, I have been playing perhaps 5 hours of Final Fantasy 12 a night. Sadly, again, I am not kidding about that. I am heading to Houston this afternoon though to visit the new folks and be exposed to Texas culture via a rodeo, so the drudgery ends now!

My cousin just told us (today) that he and his wife are having a kiddo! That makes for baby #2 in my cousins.

I'm the father.

I started watching Battlestar Galactica on DVD. So far, I think I'm enjoying it. Although, I did watch 4 hours of The Langoliers on The Sci-Fi Channel on Sunday, so my mind may be a little warped.

We actually only caught the last 3 hours of The Langoliers on Sunday, so sadly Lizett did not get the full experience, but since it was in fact my third viewing I was able to fill her in on the details. Also, I guess I already weighed in on the awesomeness of Battlestar too. This was the worst idea ever.

Stephen and I had a $20 margarita. It was mildly delicious. I think I'll go for the cheap one next time.

Yeah, so this place Trudy's has these Mexican Martinis (and delicious fajitas) which are basically just margaritas in a martini glass with a dash of cointreau thrown in, and they have a $20 version with uber-premium tequila. So we decided to go drink our second dinner of the night, and Lizett said she wouldn't love me anymore if I didn't buy her a $20 drink, so by God I got her one and one for myself and prepared for the ride of my life.

It was marginally delicious. Very marginally. Not as good as the house mix. So I was coming to the conclusion that I just don't like expensive tequila when the bartender came up to us and said "Hey, how do you like your martinis? I went light on the mix so you could really taste the tequila."

You son of a bitch. The mix is what makes it delicious! It's what makes it a "margarita" instead of a "shot of tequila". You ruined my $20 drink, and now I'm going to eat your family. Haha, I love that joke so much I'm going to take it out behind a middle school and get it pregnant!

Post a Comment

Blogger Rebeccah said...
Texas is great isn't it? You will love the rodeo - RIGHT up your alley. And, I love Ball's icon on your comments....I just saw it yesterday and laughed aloud.

6:50 PM, March 16, 2007  

Blogger Mal said...
BECKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

We're on the way to the rodeo now, yeehaw to the max.

2:32 PM, March 17, 2007  

Blogger Rebeccah said...
Why is my little comment icon sad? How was the rodeo? Tex-erific I'm sure:)

8:06 PM, March 18, 2007  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
****Obligatory post about drunkeness surrounding St. Patty's Day and Mal sucking for never updating his blog til now and this one lacking in so many ways******

And watching Galactica is never a bad idea fool....I miss having you around to download them so that I can watch the new episodes without putting forward any effort whatsoever.....

10:05 AM, March 19, 2007  

Blogger Mal said...
Welcome to Happy Town!

3:34 PM, March 20, 2007  

Blogger Rebeccah said...
Yay smiley face!

6:28 PM, March 20, 2007  

Post a Comment