Friday, March 02, 2007

BBBZZZzzzz BZzzt BTT-T-TTT-zzzZ

One more reason to hate the RAZR. Actually my understanding is that it is a pretty good phone through Verizon, it's just the Cingular software that is so terrible. But that aside, I suspect it may be killing me.

I've been charging my phone on the other side of the room at night due to a limited number of outlets, but last night I just tossed it on the night stand beside the alarm clock, forgetting that it periodically emits death particles that make the alarm go BBBZZZzzzz BZzzt BTT-T-TTT-zzzZ every 40 minutes or so. This also happens to my computer, and especially to electric doorbells. Swear to God.

The question is, in the unlikely event that someone actually calls me, what is this phone doing to my BRAIN? If we're ever chatting and I suddenly go BBBZZZzzzz BZzzt BTT-T-TTT-zzzZ call 911 immediately.

Is anyone familiar with this phenomenon? C'mon Goat, show me those EE skills, which I'm 90% sure is what you were.

Post a Comment

Blogger Goat said...
Indeed, sir, I was an EE major. This phenomenon of which you speak is not limited to Cingular cell phones, but occurs with any cell phone. Basically, your phone is constantly chatting with the towers so it can start a call when you press "send". It's a digital signal which tends to have what we nerds call "sidelobes", or electrical power at frequencies around the primary frequency of the phone. The wires in your alarm clock are acting like antenna and picking up these digital sidelobes, and then the speaker in your clock is translating them into sound. Try holding a cell phone up to any sort of radio or amplifier/speaker system. Bet you'll hear it there, too.

I'm not sure if this is the exact explanation, but it's the basic gist.

12:44 PM, March 02, 2007  

Blogger Maybelline Jones said...
Woah...Science. I think I prefer the death particle theory.

1:26 PM, March 02, 2007  

Blogger Goat said...
Sweet baby Jesus, my icon is a goat! This is the best. day. EVER.

3:00 PM, March 02, 2007  

Blogger Mal said...
And it only gets better, as Ball is now, for my own personal amusement... Detective Scrotes. Post something, Ball. Doooooooo it...

3:20 PM, March 02, 2007  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I tried to read Scott's answer, but it made my eyes glaze over with all the big words.

12:57 PM, March 04, 2007  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh god.....I just read this post and the comments and I gotsta post something....

Ummmm....the pressure....uh....uh......

BEER TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9:58 AM, March 05, 2007  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...........

It's like my icon is a clone of Michael Chiklis.

10:14 AM, March 05, 2007  

Post a Comment