Monday, November 05, 2007

Punchie From Oven

Well, the wedding is off again.

Haha, just a little my-weddings-keep-getting-canceled humor! Everything is great, just thought I'd manufacture some drama to mark my first real post in a month or so. The wedding plans are going swimmingly, and those of you who aren't total losers should be receiving your save-the-dates in two or three weeks.

The truth is, nothing terribly interesting has been happening lately. CW has proved beyond any doubt that he is not in fact a robot genius by throwing away the longest winning streak in NCAA history with a stubborn and bizarre refusal to kick the game-winning field goal. We all know you have giant balls dude, we've seen the dance. This is like Braveheart where William Wallace's bold-bordering-on-foolhardy tactics seemed all heroic and inspiring but then he ended up overextending himself and Longshanks beheaded his ass. Pretty much exactly like that.

Big news: yesterday for the first time I ran a full 20 minutes with nary a twinge in my shin. This was my first pain-free run in...2007. 5 weeks of oh-so-careful training and I'm finally at the average starting point of a normal human being. HOOOUUUGGGHHHBRBRBRBRBBR!!

November will be the month of intensive GRE studying. Being the only sibling without a graduate degree is getting awfully embarrassing, so I plan on enrolling in OSU's Higher Ed Admin program next fall. I figure if I schedule the test for the end of the month, it'll still give me plenty of time to reschedule for mid-December after I totally bomb it as a result of not having used my brain for anything but blogging and Guitar Hero for the past five years.

Adorable Halloween pictures of my niecews will be forthcoming.

Post a Comment

Blogger ndNips said...
Nook kick for no field goal kick. Even up.

8:48 PM, November 05, 2007  

Blogger Goat said...
Nips, do you think you could actually connect with CW's nook? Seems like a daunting challenge.

Congrats on the lack of shin splints, mal. I remember having them senior year and asking Rooster for advice on how to get rid of them. His dead-pan response was, "stop running."

12:07 PM, November 06, 2007  

Post a Comment