Thursday, September 27, 2007

Hurting Myself

We're midway through week 2 of our more-walking-than-running program, and hilariously I've still somehow managed to bring grievous harm to my right shin. About 20 seconds into my grueling 90 second running rotation it inevitably starts to throb like it's being crushed under the weight of ten thousand hundred jillion suns, and then comes the whining. Ay yi yi, mis rodillas! No sé la palabra para "shins"! Jesús Billy! So I decided some expert advice was in order and headed to Runtex, which is a pretty cool running store where they examine your stride and determine the best shoe for you, only to be told that I had somehow already blundered into buying a decent shoe and my shin throbs because I'm a little bitch. Their expert advice: run (/walk) through it and see a doctor if my lilbitchery continues.

In other hurting myself news, I have determined that stiff-legged deadlifts are better suited for permanent back injury than beneficial strength gains. I'm 27, why is my body functioning like a 45 year old?

Post a Comment

Post a Comment