Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Babyfest 2007

I flew down to North Carolina this weekend for my nephew Andrew's baptism. I've got to see him while I can, because being unbaptized myself, we're going to be spending eternity in entirely different places. Thanks, mom. The whole fam went down for the occasion, and of course the entire function of the adult family members is now to ooh and ahh over the babies. There was a lot of cuteness going on.

Andrew has got to be the most placid baby ever. I barely heard him cry all weekend, and when he did it was just ridiculously cute because his I'm-Sad face is exactly the face an adult would make trying to ridiculously overact a caricature of a sad baby. Claire is pretty placid too, only 600,000 pounds heavier. She's a perfect sphere. If her face weren't so adorable it'd be impossible to determine her spatial orientation. She enjoys breast milk, long walks on the beach, and having her tummy eaten.

Gwen and Natalie together was pretty awesome. The first day was pretty calm, just two toddlers playing together in mind-blowingly adorable ways. Day 2: Thunderdome. Two babies enter, one baby leaves. Then the other baby leaves, but without some coveted toy. These clashes were like nothing I can describe. There exists no amount of italics, capitalizations, font sizes, and bolds to accurately represent the high-pitched mess of screams and shrieks coming from the melee. Did anyone ever play the old Archon, where the banshee's scream would kill anyone foolish enough to blunder into range? It was like that without the sweet release of death. I'd write about all the cute things they did too but now I've just distracted myself reminiscing about the awesomeness of Archon. BONG:


Post a Comment

Blogger Rocky said...
Steve, I'll save a seat in the nothing-ness for you. You bring the 40oz's of Coors Light and I'll bring the adult flicks ;-)

3:36 PM, June 12, 2007  

Post a Comment