Thursday, May 31, 2007

Disengaged

Okay, the wedding has been downgraded from postponed to officially off. That's right, the man who was engaged twice in one year is now disengaged twice in two! On my current curve, if I were to start dating a new woman I'd propose to her roughly 7 hours into the relationship, the ring would cost $512,000, and I'd actually break things off 3 months prior to meeting her. I know, what a wildly inappropriate thing to say, but let me assure you being able to mock myself about this is the only thing keeping my brain from imploding. We simply decided that planning for marriage wasn't appropriate until we can definitively determine whether Lizett is in fact human or rather some sort of pod person sent here to destroy me. My bet is on human, but if I'm wrong...avenge me.

No, the real (albeit wildly generalized) story is that neither of us are as prepared for the commitment as we supposed. Pretty boring stuff. We're still together though, which means we're living in SIN with no matrimonial end in sight. Scandal! Actually, to be honest, I'm not enormously more comfortable with that arrangement than our parents are, but such is life. I'm there now, and we've got a big kitchen.

Post a Comment

Blogger Vnak said...
Baby Jesus is crying! But adult Jesus wants to take you out to da strip club to celebrate!

This is no longer a blog. It is my 11am Soap Opera. You are no longer Animal to me. I'm going to call you Ridge from now on.

Keep the updates a rollin!

2:12 PM, May 31, 2007  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh my....

Don't make me out you Vnak!!! And you know what I'm talking about.....

2:14 PM, May 31, 2007  

Blogger Mal said...
Going to a strip club...with Jesus.

I know this phrase is way overused but I swear to God Mr. Vnak you just BLEW MY MIND.

In other news Going To A Strip Club With Jesus would be a glorious band name.

11:47 AM, June 01, 2007  

Blogger Vnak said...
You see, everybody has that good and bad voice in your head constantly telling you what to do. For most people, poof, that little angel appears one shoulder and the devil on the other. You see, in my crazy world of a wife, two kids, and a mortgage, I have two voices: Baby Jesus and Adult Jesus. Baby Jesus crawls around, squeels happy baby babble, and smiles at the simple things of life. Adult Jesus usually wears low hung baggy jeans, a black bandanna, and braids his beard like he’s going to ride his Harley. When I side with Adult Jesus, we do badass things and simultaneously, Baby Jesus crys. When I do something good, Baby Jesus smiles, claps his hands in approval, and then craps his diaper so Adult Jesus has to change it. You get the gist.

So, Ridge, which is it? Smiling happy baby or a night out at Déjà vu? It’s game time.

12:51 PM, June 01, 2007  

Post a Comment