Friday, December 08, 2006

Easy Money

Firstly, if you are Hispanic and your name is Mallory it is important that you contact me immediately. I am willing to pay twenty-three 2006 US American dollars for written proof of your existence. Or anecdotal proof. Or you could just say you've met some Hispanic chick named Mallory, yes, that should do nicely. Or maybe I myself will comment "Hola!" as "Mallory" and spend the $23 on beer and twizzlers.

Secondly, I watched Training Day the other night, and it was pretty good so I've been occasionally thinking back to some of the scenes, and for some reason I keep picturing the crooked cop as Samuel L. Jackson. I'm the whitest of white guys so I know it sounds like I'm an ignorant chump who can't tell black actors apart, but the much sadder truth is I'm just unhealthily obsessed with Samuel L. Jackson. And come on, Denzel can't hold a gun to a cop's head and make him smoke PCP, and he sure as hell can't rough up Snoop Dogg. I mean, he was pretty badass in Crimson Tide, but he was fighting to prevent nuclear war, not threatening to castrate crackheads for sport. This role was built for Samuel L, I tells you. Denzel as a crooked cop is like Bob Newhart playing a rapist. Or Martin Short. Which he did.

Thirdly, I am out of here tomorrow at 6:15am, which means I need to be at the airport at 5:45, which means I really need to be up at 4:45, which sucks tiny lizard testes.

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I actually went to high school with a hispanic chick named Mallory. Why the sudden obsession? I should have a year book with her picture in it somewhere in my folks' basement if the urge to verify it goes too far....

2:34 PM, December 08, 2006  

Blogger Mal said...
Let's just say Lizett and I had a small disagreement with large consequences. For her. Promises were made. Foolish, foolish promises. Hahahaha!

If you can find me that yearbook I've got your pitchers next time at Corby's. That's right...the equivalent value of over 1/3 the promised reward.

2:59 PM, December 08, 2006  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
You realize this all relies on two important things: 1) that I go home to my parents' house anytime soon (i.e. before Christmas) and 2) that I actually remember/care to look for said yearbooks in the myriad of boxes in the crawl space.

Let's just say, you better pray someone else comes forward with proof because that is just way too much effort on my part to exert.

3:11 PM, December 08, 2006  

Blogger Mal said...
Thank you kindly for crushing my spirit and ruining my life.

3:14 PM, December 08, 2006  

Post a Comment