Friday, August 18, 2006

Worst Mandatory Day Ever

Today is the first in a string of mandatory work days, during which everyone works until 5--outrageous!--no one can take vacation, and you're not to call in sick unless you are dead. So starting things off right, I woke up to my alarm at 7:10, thought "Why in the hell did I set an alarm for Saturday," turned it off, and went back to sleep for another two and a half hours. Mmmmm, it was good. Around 9:30 my boss called me, and I still didn't get what was going on--who would be calling me so early on a Saturday? Then I saw the caller ID, and it allllll came together. Oh...oh my. That's embarrassing. Fortunately my boss is extremely awesome, so he just laughed at me and told me I'm getting old. I love you Dr. Pace, and am so, so proud to be one of your SuperMegaTerrificHappyPartyFun Shooters of Justice.

So I got in a little past 10, not terrible. Then I found out they just opened up Jordan Hall to the public today, so a few of my coworkers and I ducked out to check it out--and it somehow turned into a 90 minute excursion. It's awesome though. Puts COBA and Coleman-Morse to shame. And it's HUGE. They had a planetarium show which is pretty sweet, too. So that was good. By the time I got back I was 5 hours into the mandatory work day and had only been in the office for about an hour and a half. Awesome.

Then I got a message from Crud! Woohoo! She's at ND, helping little Crudling move in, and she wanted me to come stop by Lyons Hall and say hello. Dare I duck out for a third time on Mandatory Work Day? Oh, I dare. Unfortunately when I got there, she was nowhere to be found, nor were any of the other McClains. Balls. On the plus side though, I deleted her message thinking I had her number programmed into my phone, which I don't, so that's pretty great. Call me back Crud! Caaaaalllll meeeeeee.

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hey I saw little Crud today and she struck me as I passed. I hate that family.....

3:48 PM, August 21, 2006  

Post a Comment