Friday, July 14, 2006

Tra La La!

Whelp, Hezbollah has totally lost all credibility as a fear-inspiring terrorist organization in my eyes. It happened in a bar! In a bar over a delicious pub burger. I chanced to look up and caught a clip on CNN of--I swear to God--a formation of Hezbollah militants engaged in what was very clearly Pete McCall style poop-in-the-pants marching. If you're not familiar with the technique it's pretty hard to explain without visual aids, but you kind of hold your instrument (or gun) out with both hands in front of you, angle your feet outward, and engage in a sort of sideways, hip swaying leg lift that looks, and pardon my graphic description, like you are trying to keep a load from tumbling down your pant leg. Or alternatively, if you're an insane babbling old southern man, like you're marching with wrenches in your pockets. The point is it's an enormously distinctive and outrageously foolish looking step already, and as an added bonus these fellows were doing it double time. Tra la la, just your average group of fatigue-wearing gun-toting religious fanatics prancing down the street like a bunch of happy trotting elves! I wasn't getting sound but there is every possibility they were singing a happy trotting song, possibly in a round. Fear us!

Post a Comment

Blogger E. Luther said...
I forgot about Pete McCall. But with your reminder, mmm, I think I fell in love the first time I saw him Poop-In-The-Pants march. I think that's what you'd call it anyway . . . love.

2:24 AM, July 15, 2006  

Post a Comment