Thursday, August 03, 2006

Old Fat Dudes

The "Can you hear me now? Good." guys are in the office, testing for signal strength because ND is getting rid of land lines in the dorms in favor of cable TV, which incidentally I think is the dumbest administrative decision ever, but anyway, I'm here to tell you these guys are not young hipsters in crisp looking uniforms--they are old, they're fat, they have big voluptuous beards, they're pierced, and they have gruff, angry voices that make me afraid that they might harm me. I think I saw a couple of these guys in their Hell's Angels garb, sitting in our seats at Between the Buns. Oh yes, we have seats there. Anyway, I had to regulate, so I hit one of them across the back with a pool cue. We were a few pitchers in. Also, CJ's has a pool table now, I had a great view of it the other night out of the corner of my eye as I was laying face down on the bar, slowly absorbing bits of popcorn into my pores. Rocky later told me my face was delicious. What was I talking about? Oh yeah, it looks like I'm going to make the Penn State opener after all, which is totally awesome, but in a way also kind of sucks because I had planned to finally and at long last answer the question: just how far will a rabid Notre Dame fan go for free Penn State tickets? It was going to be a real life Klondike Bar commercial, and it was going to be glorious. Oh well, instead I guess I will just have to enjoy a long day of tailgating and sweet, sweet ND football with my girlfriend. Suckaaaaaaas!

Post a Comment

Blogger Lizett! said...
Glad to hear you have become a Between the Buns convertee. Not that I ever went all that often, I'm just saying I will always choose Between the Buns over K's. Except in the very limited circumstance where I am not going to be eating anything, and am already drunk beforehand, and everyone is already at K's because Matt Merten's band is playing there.

Only then...

3:19 PM, August 03, 2006  

Blogger Mal said...
And then we go to Oscar's and you gnaw on my hands for a while, the end.

3:26 PM, August 03, 2006  

Blogger Mal said...
Also, K's sucks big flaming donkey balls.

BtB = Love monkey.

I'm bringing it into the fold, baby!

3:27 PM, August 03, 2006  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
You two are both stupid. You don't like any of the freakin sweet places in the Bend...K's, Casa del Rio, The Bucket.....

And Between the Buns sucks for eating now too....not cuz of the food but due to their terrible service. In fact, I will only ever sit at the bar there.

MMmmmmmm...K's. Hey Mal, you know what awesome place we can agree on that we haven't been in a while? The Brew Co.

11:09 AM, August 04, 2006  

Blogger ndchick1 said...
i think we should all step back and remember the good times we've had at K's:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kmoore513/detail?.dir=dea9&.dnm=c54a.jpg&.src=ph

and

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kmoore513/detail?.dir=dea9&.dnm=f591.jpg&.src=ph

i look forward to revisiting this wonderful establishment. but more importantly CJs!!! not for it's happening bar scene but for it's deliciously salty popcorn, juicy 4 horsemen and cold amberbock!

2:36 PM, August 04, 2006  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I think I left a profanity laced 5 minute rant on your voicemail last weekend.

6:58 AM, August 07, 2006  

Blogger Mal said...
Haha yes, followed by your woman who was cleaner yet just as awesome. Something about unconsciousness?

7:07 AM, August 07, 2006  

Post a Comment