Monday, August 14, 2006

Elliot! The Judge!

I was thinking about Square One today. I think it was on after 3-2-1 Contact. They had this bit where in the middle of the show they'd go "WARNING: Don't tie your shoelaces together, because by the end of the show you may forget and trip yourself." So I'd tie my shoelaces together, and then at the end of the show remember I'd done it, but pretend to forget and elaborately trip. For a little kid that was comedic freaking gold. I don't know why I was thinking about that, but now 20 years later it occurs to me--how many poor little bastards really did forget? How many bruises, skinned knees, sprained wrists? There's blood on your hands, Children's Television Workshop.

This weekend was good. Ball is in California so I had the place to myself. I thought about frolicking around naked and setting drinks directly on the woodwork, but in the end settled on a whole lot of cleaning. Saturday I woke up around 8 and was for some reason feeling ridiculously productive, so I cleaned the bathroom, the kitchen, scoured the fridge and the freezer, reorganized my closet, vacuumed my car, ran errands for the next month, did all my laundry, preemptively ironed all my dress shirts, and still had time for the first half of Judge Dredd before going out. Ugh, I have to start wearing ties to work again on Wednesday. Ugh. Anyway, I'm sure that sounds like an enormously lame Saturday but I haven't accomplished quite so much in quite so little time since I fixed up Kel's condo. Speaking of which, we closed on that, so that's a relief. So long, liability!

Post a Comment

Post a Comment