Tuesday, May 02, 2006

TX III

Another weekend in Austin, another organ sold to finance it. This time I went with the lung, but joke's on them, I ditched the bad one. Enjoy the 50% likelihood of a recurring pneumothorax, fools! The theme for this weekend was Less TV, More Not TV, and although my desperate, tearful pleas to hit the frisbee golf course were staunchly ignored, we did take a nice outdoorsy trip to Mount Bonnell, a pleasant little elevated park with a sprawling view of Lake Austin. It was lovely, and certainly the highlight of the weekend. That's not true. The highlight was in the airport on the way back, when the woman behind me at the security checkpoint noticed a TSA agent wearing an "I *heart* Jesus" lanyard, placed a hand on her shoulder, and earnestly whispered "I love the Lord Jesus too." BAAAAAAAAAAAHH!

Back to Mount Bonnell, it overlooks the Obscenely Rich part of Austin, and checking out the elaborate houses complete with gazebos and courtyards was nearly as interesting as the rest of the view. It is henceforth my fondest wish to someday have such an excess of money that I can not only install an enormous swimming pool in my backyard, but do so 50 feet from a perfectly good lake.

The other Big Adventure was definitely going to see Stick It. Ha-ha! You thought I was kidding about that, didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?? Nope, we did indeed go see a movie about a punked out rebellious gymnast on opening weekend, thus finally and decisively confirming the long-standing rumor that I am in fact an 11 year old girl only masquerading as a rugged man-beast. God save me, it was pretty good.

Speaking of life changes, which we weren't, it appears as if my time in South Bend is finally winding down. By now I am guessing the rumor mill has made its full rotation and most everyone has heard that there will be no wedding in June, but if you were wondering why your invite never came--there you go. Also I hate you. Anyway, without that key event, the Bend has lost a bit of its allure--I don't have immediate plans regarding a move, but I do intend to talk to my boss soon about the best time to leave and the best way to go about it. I like my job quite a bit, but I think I've already advanced about as far as I can without a masters--and with other plans recently changed, grad school is now an option much sooner than it would have been. Time to get my learn on!

Post a Comment

Blogger ndchick1 said...
Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend, but I will raise you 6 hours of marjarita drinking and 3 visits from the cops, and the next day LB getting a wicked sunburn which I then repeatedly slapped. Oh, yes, we still like each other.

Where ya moving to?

12:20 PM, May 02, 2006  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
DON'T LEAVE ME!!!!!!
OHHHHH BILLY!!!!!!!

1:33 PM, May 02, 2006  

Blogger Mal said...
I will see your margarita drinking and raise you an unexplained thigh bruise the size of a baseball.

As to where I'd be moving--can I live with you? Rent free? Also you'd have to buy my food.

1:53 PM, May 02, 2006  

Blogger ndchick1 said...
I move all in with a torn hamstring and a random arm bruise that, upon discovering it, LB promptly pokes, sending me into wails of pain and misery, while at lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.

2:52 PM, May 02, 2006  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Oh man, that was horrible... why did I do that? Why was my first uncontrollable urge upon seeing poor Kelly's bruised arm to poke it with all my might? Clearly tourette syndrome. That or 3 years of living with Steve damaged me for life.

7:57 PM, May 02, 2006  

Post a Comment