Thursday, April 20, 2006

Back In Action

I totally called off work yesterday, suckers! I probably could have powered through, but honestly, I only use maybe a tenth of my allotted sick days, and we don’t get compensated for the spares, so back up off my shiznit.

Tuesday was a very special day for the various bar owners of South Bend. Christmas in April they call it, and they stay up all the night before with visions of cash money dancing in their heads. The Mothball turned 26, and the city of South Bend was reduced to a heap of beer-scented rubble. Maybe ten of us went to CJs for dinner, and they are kind of bitches about splitting up checks, so at the end of the meal rather than dealing with the hassle one of the guys I don’t really know just busted out his gold card like, I got it. Burgers and copious beer for 10 people! On a whim! You son of a bitch! You magnificent, wealthy son of a bitch!

Then it was on to Oyster for some pool, darts, and--shudder--oyster shots. I think it’s vodka, cocktail sauce, tobasco, and of course a big fat slimy oyster in the bottom. Clearly I did not take an oyster shot, but Ball, Kel, and Rocky all took one, and the memory of their twisted features will haunt me forever.

We finished out at Corby’s where Ball downed approximately 276 more shots and immediately died.

There was extensive pictorial documentation of the evening, but sadly I don't have access to Mothball’s camera just now so you will simply have to imagine the 76 pictures of us making the "MEH" facial expression, each time believing ourselves to be more hilarious than the last. You know the one. I thought about MSPainting some “wacky” representations, but then I thought, hell no, I’m not doing that.

Blue/Gold game this weekend! Dooooooozer! Doozer? DOOOOOOZEEER!

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...
How about the Dirty Ashtray shot: a Prairie Fire with pepper on top....bastards. I hate shots, yet apparently I decided to drink them like I made em up while pounding a beer after each one. My hangover went away this morning....two days after I stopped drinking. Happy Birthday indeed.

2:43 PM, April 20, 2006  

Post a Comment