Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Victory!

Saturday was the Blue/Gold game, so that was a pretty good time. We headed out around 10ish to begin the tailgating goodness, awesomely deciding to keep with the Library Lot tradition. Screw you, Stadium Lot jerks! You'll come crawling back, and when you do I'll be waiting...with a beer. Also I will have shaken the beer. In the meantime, cold brews with the blue label rim to seal in freshness were enjoyed, as well as delicious slow-cooked sausages--I had four, realizing only too late that by filling my belly to its 4 sausage limit I was denying myself the stadium dog I had been looking forward to since Syracuse. Fate, you are a bearded whore.

Dooz made it in for the game, and Kimlinger and Hesler too--booya. The game itself was awesome, Blue beat Gold with some sort of last minute...something. Or Gold won. I wasn't really paying attention. We celebrated the victory afterward with our weekly trip to Hacienda where Aaron was AGAIN not working, thus ruining my life for the second week in a row, and headed out that night to everyone's favorite billiards club--voted 4th best new billiards club in the nation, 2004! There was a nice little adventure between those activities but it was so heinously awkward I can't bring myself to write about it.

I can't remember what I did Friday or Sunday. Nothing, I guess. Oh, I watched Kung Fu Hustle, which was so awesomely ridiculous that it made The Transporter 2 look wholly plausible. Highly recommend.

This weekend should bring more adventures, as I'm once again heading down to Austin. Lizett has missed no opportunity to mock me for the whirlwind of nothingness and couch-sprawling wrought by my laziness on the last visit, so we've actually got things planned this time around--not the least of which is going to see a certain rebellious punk-rock gymnast Doing Things Her Way and making devil-horns over and over again until we walk out of the theater. Apparently it doesn't meet up to the Draft House standards, so all signs point to us bringing our own beer. Look for us on the news, we'll be the ones in jail for hurling half-full cans of Old Style around a crowded theater. Consider it brung!

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...
What was the awkward event? Was it Jani not listening and being yelled at? Cuz that was just sweet justice....Mothball style (actually it was more Stitch style but he was half a country away)

2:55 PM, April 26, 2006  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
THAT'S A LOT OF NUTS!!!

10:57 PM, April 26, 2006  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Wait, that was Kung Pao. Another sweet movie, though.

11:06 PM, April 26, 2006  

Post a Comment