Monday, December 19, 2005

Beard Watch: Day 5

5 days in, and the Great Schreiber Beard Challenge couldn't be going better. I was walking around the mall this morning with a cup of coffee and people kept throwing change into it. "Merry Christmas," they'd say with pity in their eyes. "Things will look up! Surely they're working on a cure for whatever the hell is wrong with your face." Oh man, that story was so seamless! Go ahead, disprove it.

Yesterday I redefined the meaning of sloth by watching National Treasure, Dogma, Rounders, and two hours of Animation Domination in direct succession. God bless Sundays. The only time my heart rate crept above 3 beats per minute was when SeƱor Monkeyface delayed Family Guy by almost 20 minutes to tell us absolutely nothing new whatsoever about the war in Iraq. I really thought about raising my fist in the air and shaking it, but then I didn't do it.

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I think that I may have taken the lead. Most people I saw today walked away crying, but I think I heard someone say "...why..." and "..beard?" in between sobs.

9:03 PM, December 19, 2005  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I usually mute him these days. I can read the transcript of his speeches online, which prevents me from having to hear his voice. And I, too, was pissed about having to wait 20 minutes for FG. Couldn't they just have done that speech during The War at Home? (Although, to be fair, it's kinmd of growing on me.... arrrrrrgh.) Speaking of FG, why didn't my mom get me Volume 3 for Christmas?! She told me not to buy it because then there would be nothing to ask for from Santa, and then I didn't get it!

6:57 AM, December 26, 2005  

Post a Comment