Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Where'd You Learn That, Druuug Schoool?

I just went over to LaFun to pick up some lunch and some DayQuil, and to my amusement and minor inconvenience discovered that Indiana just implemented some super awesome new drug laws. The medicine rack now contains nothing but a sign that says "In accordance with Indiana State Law, we are now keeping all cold medicine behind the counter like a bunch of ginormous tools." So I go to the counter and ask for some DayQuil, and the checkout girl ID's me. Holy crap, you've got to be kidding me. So I show her my license, and she trapses off to a secured locker to retrieve the medicine--I reach for it when she gets back and she goes "Hold on, you have to sign the registry." The registry? Holy crap, this time you really do have to be kidding me. But I've got a cough, so I signed over my driver's license number and home address, tossed her some nail clippings, and went on my merry way. Good LORD there must be some good stuff in this DayQuil! I never knew. If I didn't have reason to believe the Indiana State government is now watching me, I'd totally eat a whole box just to see what happens.

Kel and I just signed up for Pre-Cana. Boy am I super pumped about that! Actually I've had a couple people tell me that it's more valuable than one would expect and I should give it a chance, but frankly the chances of me doing anything of the sort are not so high--I just picture a couple with 17 children lecturing me on the advantages of natural family planning while nuns beat me with yard sticks. It'll be my 6th birthday party all over again.

Post a Comment

Blogger Lizett! said...
Yeah, they've done that in Texas too. Seems like cold medicine is a big ingredient in meth. So if you want the hard stuff, you'd better be ready to be stalked by the DEA.

2:55 PM, November 09, 2005  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
you are on dayquil too? so am i! oh and hitting up the green bottle at night. mmmmm...nyquil. god bless.

DC will let you buy cold medicine without carding you and taking your name, but don't even think about getting a gun to shoot a hole in your sinuses so you can breathe. no chance, sir. no chance.

at any rate, i've come to the conclusion that there must be some strange strain of the cold virus lurking in your apt. i'm sick, you are sick, box is sick, and ball...well, quite frankly, sounds like a dying giraffe. and i know what that sounds like since one just died last week at the national zoo. good times.

-jism

3:54 PM, November 09, 2005  

Anonymous Anonymous said...
My brother just did Pre Cana, it was exactly as you described. Find out if you can just charge an indulgence at the bookstore and be done with it.

When they ask if you want more info on the natural family planning, I suggest replying: "What, you mean lambskins? Oh, I already use those, nothing but the finest for the skanks I nail." Priests have wicked good senses of humor, truuuuuuuust me.

10:52 PM, November 10, 2005  

Blogger Mal said...
Might as well lop the heads off a few peasants on the way--it's only threepence and a farthing more.

11:14 AM, November 11, 2005  

Post a Comment