Monday, November 21, 2005

Smithers...You Must Believe

Victory!! After hundreds and thousands of years, my check card has finally arrived! No longer will I be a slave to my hilariously low credit limit, now I can spend! spend! spend! laughing all the while like a madman. Actually I hate using my credit card and have never even come close to hitting my hilariously low credit limit, but I'm glad to be done with it all the same. Even as I type this I am doing the happy victory dance of joy--picture me in bandoleers, hopping around and shooting guns in the air while I scream "Aiyiyiyiyiyiyi!!" Or if you prefer, dancing in a kickline with my siblings to the Can Can, which for some reason enjoys the status of Official Schreiber Victory Song. That one would be a little weirder though.

The game was a good time, South Bend managed to squeeze out one last decent day before tundranating for the winter. Whoa, Tundranating! It's like the polar opposite of burninating! Anyway, scolson and dheinsch were in, two of my classmates who enjoy the distinction of virtually always being referred to by their AFSIDs outside of face to face conversation. Scolson's OSU-loving friend tried to shotgun a beer without actually tilting it toward her mouth, bringing me countless minutes of wondrous joy. Dheinsch ran out of gas on the Pennsylvania turnpike in the middle of the night, bringing me joy to last a lifetime. And then there was Drunk Girl. No one knows who she was or where she came from, yet henceforth I decree that every tailgate should have at least one really drunk girl running around asking everyone to feel her chest between sessions of projectile vomiting.

In other news, Baritones apparently won section of the year. Hahahahaha! Ha ha ha! HAHAHAHAHA! Hi. Larious! It's difficult to explain why that is so funny, but it's somewhat akin to Denise Richards winning best actor or William Hung snagging a grammy. Not that they didn't deserve it, I'm sure the current crop is very good--it's just that historically, the section has not...striven toward greatness. Kudos, my young friends.

Speaking of baritones, the lady Jism has requested that you name someone Butter Stick next year, and as your Liege Lord I command that you comply. Yeah that's right, I'm reading an old timey book so I say weird stuff like that now. Also "What ho!" and "Have at you!" Those two never really appear in the book, but I think they sound pretty awesome.

And finally, the game: steamrolling as expected. We had a nice little scare there first quarter, but Magic Pants set things right in short order. Not the most exciting of games, but a win is a win, even against Orange. One more and then on to the Fiesta Bowl, to which Kel and I are thinking about getting plane tickets now before they get ludicrously expensive. Does anyone who knows more about the bowl selection process than I think that's a bad idea?

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...
"it's somewhat akin to Denise Richards winning best actor or William Hung snagging a grammy"

"Is it nucular?" ~Denise Richards

5:40 PM, November 21, 2005  

Post a Comment