Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Sad Face

I have a splendid football schedule (thanks, Goat) with all the team graphics up on my cubicle wall, and in my never ending--Oh man. In Osco last night they were playing a muzak version of the Neverending Story theme. It doesn't get much sweeter than that. Anyway, in my never ending campaign to make everyone think I'm gay, I've been putting little smileys next to our victories instead of, say, a W or the score. The anticlimactic point of this poorly executed introduction is: I now have to put a sad face next to the big green S. Son of a bitch.

I'm not too upset with the team, except for the fact that half of them left without raising their helmets. I'm not too upset with their performance though. It could have easily been a win, and it was a ridiculously exciting game.

The rest of the weekend was a good time as well. Our place didn't end up being quite so packed as anticipated, as several people ended up finding other accommodations. Lots of people were in for the game though, one or two of whom actually had tickets. Sneaky McSneakerson (name changed to protect the innocent from blog-roving ND administrators) managed to slip into the stadium ticket-free and ended up sitting with me and Kel--I didn't know such a thing was possible. Fortunately we caught the ushers lounging in our seats when we arrived, so even if they had noticed the extra booty vying for bench space, I suspect they would have been reluctant to say anything. The pre/postgame tailgate was a good time--as anticipated, I was by a wide margin the last person to arrive (except Kel, who decided to forgo the whole thing in favor of studying), still sound asleep long after everyone else had started to party. I caught up quickly enough though, downing beer and bratwurst at an enormously unsafe rate, and in short order proceeded to tackle an ex-girlfriend to the ground. Haha! Oh self, you're so wacky and unpredictable. Whew!

As soon as the masses headed out on Sunday, Ball and I immediately got down to business, watching about 9 hours of Lost. And...yeah, that was my entire Sunday.

Kel had her big anatomy test yesterday (which she whooped ass on) so she actually came out to Ritas and boozed it up last night. Her med school buddies were all out too, though at a somewhat less rowdy table. Man, if I am in a different world from my crazy undergrad self, they are in a different galaxy. Judging by Kel's activities, they had all done nothing but study for the past 172 hours--if I ever put that much effort into anything, you can bet I'd be ready to seriously let loose when it was all over. Their big release was taking an hour off for an alcohol free dinner at Chilis before heading home to study other subjects. Mother of God. Fortunately Kel is not quite so far gone and boozed it up pretty heavily, leading to some hilarious post-Chilis adventures which, I'm sorry to say, she has forbidden me to write about.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment