Thursday, December 13, 2007

I Find Your Lack of Continence Disturbing

We took Swarley on a little hike this weekend at a nearby park and he got so physically exhausted he gave himself diarrhea. Fat son of a bitch.

Actually it turns out we're going to have to watch his weight. Apparently Bassets have one leg bone that grows quicker than another in the same leg, and as a result their legs turn outward as they grow into adulthood. No big deal but if they get to be too much of a lardo it starts to stress the joint, so we're gonna have to keep an eye on that. The other day he ate an entire dog bed and a fleece blanket for dessert but then he barfed it all up so I think we're okay.

I took the GRE earlier this month and it went well aside from freaking engineers messing up the math curve. Still, I'm going to go ahead and assume I'm in the upper range of non-freaking-engineers, because I am a jerk and always assume things like that. S-M-R-T!

Save the dates finally went out. I think they're purple or something. Next up is invitations, so we've got to pick some nice formal etiquettey wording for that.
You are totally invited
to the super sweet wedding of
Lizett "DD" Martinez
&
Animal "Bjorn" Schreiber

He went to Jared.

In fitness news we finally and at long last, after weeks upon weeks plagued with illness and injury, have worked our way up to regular three mile runs. Now to destroy all progress over the holidays.

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Ah yes the holidays....here I've been losing weight since moving to Chicago and eating better. But it will all be overcome by the truckloads of non-healthy foods and Christmas cookies and drinking over the next couple weeks. Good times....

11:06 AM, December 15, 2007  

Blogger DCrowley said...
Hell yeah, dude. I remember getting that whole "Prepare for the GRE!" application and looking at the previous year's scores for the different groups. You could group them by people going for masters' degrees, Ph.D.'s, sociologists, whatever you liked, and then see the scoring bell curve for math or verbal.

To get a feel for what I was up against, I checked the verbal scores of people who intended to be engineers. Nice bell curve, most people getting maybe 4-500? And then I was dumb enough to check their math scores... it started like a bell curve, went up, flattened a little... and then went up WAY more. It never came back down. 10% of the engineers taking it got a perfect 800. Scary, scary crap.

3:59 PM, December 16, 2007  

Blogger DCrowley said...
Oh, and on the subject of your Beard Challenge - a month ago we did a tailgate focused entirely on karaoke-ing 80's power ballads. Mustaches were mandatory. I spent a full month of shavelessness and... well, it's not a look I'm going to repeat.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dcrowley64/JourneyTailgate

4:05 PM, December 16, 2007  

Blogger Lizett! said...
Code Monkey like Frito's
Code Monkey like Tab and Mountain Dew
Code Monkey very simple man
With big warm fuzzy secret heart
Code Monkey like you.

7:56 PM, December 16, 2007  

Blogger Mal said...
Dude I would eat a live badger for a mustache like that. Mine is more like this. By which I mean this.

12:06 PM, December 17, 2007  

Blogger Goat said...
Yeah, I was one of those engineers who ruined the curve for you in the math section. You'll be happy to know that I scored sub-500 on the verbal, confirming that I have a worse understanding of the English language than most Chinese grad students. Granted, they probably paid someone off to get their scores, but really, does that make them any dumber?

12:46 PM, December 21, 2007  

Post a Comment