Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Weekend Of Unactivity

Okay, we did not spring forth into action as planned. There was no 6th street excursion, nor even the tamer tuxedoed 4th street alternative. Lizett did not pole dance, I did not brawl with any bouncers. Instead, there was a trip to the mall, various gigantic meals, free suds at the local Bier Garten, a couple rounds of bowling, and more gigantic meals. It. Was. Glorious.

I have to admit, I have trouble working up the urge to really Go Out these days. I don't think that means I'm getting old, just boring. It's such a hassle. You have to get a cab, find a place that's crowded but not too crowded, wait in line for your drinks, hover over some chumps until they're freaked out enough to give up their table, then shout back and forth over the music until it's time to go home. And I'm not saying that isn't fun, I genuinely do enjoy it. It's just a hassle. Given the choice between that and sitting at home watching movies and sipping beers with Lizett, it doesn't seem like much of a choice at all. I am lame. The end.

So the job interviews went well. Extraordinarily well. That isn't necessarily to say I'll get either of the jobs, but if I don't, it won't be because I screwed up or didn't appear qualified. My first interviewer actually made me pose so he could sketch me and hang me over his mantle. The second just handed me a large sack of cash and said "you deserve this." And oh how we danced!

Nah, they went well though. I'm hopeful.

Also, up above, when I said free suds at the Bier Garten...you read that right. Free beer. And appetizers. For no apparent reason. And what's incredible is, none of the law students seemed to care. A lot of them didn't even bother to go. Now I myself only had a couple beers and didn't touch the appetizers at all, but I'm sitting here thinking of the destruction that would be wrought on the city of South Bend if Ball, Rocky, and Raul were to discover such an event, and I shudder. I shudder and vomit, from fear and awe, in that order.

Anyway, that was fun. I didn't eat the appetizers because we were heading to dinner afterward. We went to this italian place called Asti, and they told us they couldn't seat us, I think because I'm Mexican. So we went to Hyde Park, who had an hour wait, then to Houstons, who had an hour wait, then finally to Olive Garden, where Lizett ate 6 pounds of cheese and spent the remainder of the evening moaning like a dying orca. If you ever really want to turn someone on, I recommend you tenderly lay your head upon their chest and sweetly whisper the words "Oh God, I might vomit."

She didn't. Praise Jesus.

Post a Comment

Anonymous Anonymous said...
With Rocky's nose for low cost food and beer, I'm surprised you didn't walk into that bar in Texas to see him sitting there wasted with food all over his facing waving you over to his table.

1:19 PM, January 31, 2007  

Blogger Mal said...
And, if I know Rocky, making masturbatory gestures.

1:23 PM, January 31, 2007  

Post a Comment