Monday, August 03, 2009

Moving Month

BOOYA! This is the best news I've heard since your mom got the test results back. Honest to God, as an adult and a person, I'm more than a little embarrassed about just how happy this news makes me. Combine that with the little jig I did when I found out HBO green-lit the Game of Thrones pilot and the only way I could be a bigger nerd is if I were wearing chain mail and Spock ears. And before you tell me Spock doesn't wear armor, maybe you should get acquainted with a little something I like to call Episode #137: A Connecticut Vulcan in King Arthur's Court. Wrote it myself.

Anyway, August is a big month for me and Lizett. Coming up:

Week 1: The big Mothball celebration. We're both taking Friday off and we should be getting in around 2ish. I missed the bachelor party, so I anticipate debauchery of dionysian proportions. Minus the orgies, because, ew.

Week 2: Closing and shopping. We'll be official homeowners on the 14th, and then we just have to get a few more things to make the place livable. We've got all our kitchen appliances, laundry, couches, and most importantly, a giant new TV, but there are still a few things to be acquired. For one, the house doesn't have a garbage disposal. What is this, Mexico? It was built in freaking 2001, and they cost like 100 bucks. Also, we'll need a kitchen table, trash cans, vacuum, lawn mower, and probably some other essentials we haven't thought of yet, so we'll be stimulating the economy all over.

Week 3: House prep. I'm taking a week off work to take care of a few home projects before we move in, the first of which will be getting rid of this hilarious wallpaper:



Then I've got to install the microwave/vent hood and dishwasher, completely-finish the semi-finished garage, and, if possible, epoxy the basement and garage floors. Also I may have to knock out a few walls because we went ahead and bought some non-returnable furniture without really checking if the intended room is big enough to accommodate it. Getting things started off right!

Week 4: Merellowicz wedding. We're all going to die.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment